Application of a Vintro coloured wax over a piece of furniture
Coloured waxes can provide a wide variety of creative scope to your finishes, creating depth, interest, age and patina. With Vintro clear wax and our highly pigmented chalk paint™ you can have your wax in any colour you like. Coloured waxes work beautifully on both textured and smooth paint finishes. This video covers:
The application of a coloured wax on a piece furniture
Things to note:
- The ratio of paint vs wax can be adjusted depending on how strong you want the colour to be. But remember it still needs to be waxy and silky.
- You do not need to clear wax before you use your coloured wax.
- Apply your coloured wax straight on Vintro Chalk Paint™
- Should you need to remove just use Vintro Clear wax, over it and firmly wipe with a clean lint free rag to remove your coloured wax.
- Always use a clean lint free rag for waxing
- Depending on the colour you are working with, a white rag is often preferable
- When wiping, think of it like your "working it off", light pressure, feathering, blending and removing the excess
- The more pressure you use when wiping the more the initial colour will come through.
- Vintro coloured waxes don't take long to dry, and you add another layer of coloured wax over the top if you want to create more depth. Once your happy with the depth, give it a good buff to help harden and set it all in.
Visit your stockist for advice and demos.