Textured French Style Honeydew with Lustre
A beautiful recipe this week of a textured Honey Dew, beautifully aged with a soft lustre
What you will need :
1x Honey Dew Chalk Paint 1 Litre
1x Gold Metallic Paint 125ml
1) This has been hand painted in Vintro Honey Dew Chalk Paint full strength with texture using a Staalmeester pure bristle brush, once dried and completely covered, a light sand to remove any unwanted or irregular texture
2) Vintro dark wax has been applied directly on to the dried Honey Dew paint. At this stage it's looking very rustic and some would even say "dirty", but this part of the process you need to just get the dark wax on there without worrying too much how it's looking at this point.
3) Now this part you will take care in detailing, softening with Honey Dew coloured wax. Mix your visual 1:1 Honey Dew and Clear Wax together, brush over the dark wax backwards and forwards spreading thinly across the body of your piece of furniture, the tip here is to pick up just a small amount of wax on your brush and brush and spread the coloured wax out thinly. This step will soften the look of the dark wax completely.
4) Metallic shimmer : (you can leave this out if you choose to but it does help to lift the look and finish it off nicely) Mix a couple of drops of metallic gold paint into your clear wax, you want it to still be transparent, but shimmery. (you can adjust to suit but often just a couple of drops of metallics to 1 tablespoon of wax is enough to create a beautiful shimmer. Pick this up with your Pure Bristle brush and lightly brush over the surface in sections and lightly dust off with your rag, you will see straight away the beautiful shimmer on the surface of your finish.
5) Add a pinch of metallics : Add solid gold metallic detailing to edges and handles if wanted
A beautiful aged finish, whilst still being soft and elegant. The dark wax sits beautifully in the background providing a beautiful depth, the texture creates a lovely authentic french style finish, with the metallics adding a refined touch to the entire look. A beautifully balanced look that is easy and fast to do.
If you would like to see this demonstrated live in front of you, take this into your Vintro retailer and ask them to show you at the instore paint bar to see in person how simple this look is to achieve.
To purchase from a Vintro retailer :