The Artisan Company Lacquers
The Artisan Company is proud to present a range of lacquers beautifully designed & made here in NZ to enhance and protect your precious masterpieces.
The Artisan Company Lacquer is a premium clear, non-yellowing protective top coat. Designed to be used over our range of artisanal paints to create a durable, wipe-able, water-resistant surface with your chosen sheen level to suit your style and aesthetic.
Sheen levels: Matte 4 - 6%, Satin 10- 15%, Gloss 80 - 90%
Available in Matte, Satin & Gloss they are virtually odourless and low in VOC. Our lacquers are created with an easy to use viscosity and are also built to minimise clouding or haziness. Key ingredients have been selected to ensure that our lacquers provide our customers with a strong protective top coat over their beautiful painted finishes, so much so we recommend wiping the rim of your can clean each time to ensure you can open it again!
If you are working on an outdoor project, need a hardy durable surface or working on a high use piece like a dining table, consider finishing with our Premium Lacquers.
Typical Uses :
- For exterior/interior surfaces over Artisanal Paints & Chalk Paints where a durable clear top coat finish is required
- To create a specific sheen level over a paint finish or for creating premium durability on high use items
- Can also be used on other prepared surfaces such as raw wood, native wooden trims, Rimu/ Kauri, etc, window frames, doors, furniture etc.
- Can be used where alkyd (oil based) paints would be used used for durability. The lacquers will exceed the performance of such products, with blocking resistance making it suitable for windows and doors (prevents against sticking and transfer) and is non-yellowing
- Can also be used as a stain/ tannin blocker on furniture prior to painting
- As a top coat over floors painted in The Artisan Company Artisanal paints and chalk paints with abrasion resistance to help against marking
At The Artisan Company we are committed to playing our part in the ongoing care of our environment and people. All of our lacquers are low in VOC's, with low toxicity, ensuring environmental issues are not compromised. Formulated using high-quality ingredients together with leading technology in NZ for a premium high performing lacquer that is durable, reduces mould, mildew & algae attack for outdoors and is water-resistant. Allowing you to create stunning decorative paint finishes that are not only beautiful but also highly functional both indoors and outdoors.
Finishing of your furniture projects is one of the most important parts of the whole painting process, it protects and adds to the aesthetic of your beautiful masterpiece. Our premium lacquer has the ability to change the depth and sheen of your piece